Technology, like energy, is ever-changing, as seen in America’s history.
The first industrial revolution brought about industrial-sized manufacturing, water, and steam power; the second, rail expansion, telegraph and telephones, which changed global commerce forever. The third industrial revolution or digital revolution revolutionized how we communicate and share knowledge.
According to the World Economic Forum (WEF), America is about to embark on a fourth industrial revolution which will change the world as we know it. An exceedingly high number of doors will open with opportunities in advanced and new technological fields, which is why you must take action to sharpen and add to your tech skills today.
When you think of tech skills, your mind may instantly sway toward information technology (IT), but spurred by fast-paced advancements in technology, science, and math, almost every job does or will require technical skills. Here are a few examples:
- Data Analysis: All industries utilize some form of data analysis from data mining for sales generation to database management, statistical analysis & algorithms. Brushing up on any of these skills can be a positive step toward advancing your career.
- Coding and Programming: Today’s digital world relies heavily on the ability to reach the highest number of potential customers and leads via coders and programmers. Employers favor candidates with some level of coding and programming experience. Adding these tech skills to your arsenal can move you forward in your career.
- Project Management: Although project management is not a tech skill per se’, it appeals to hiring managers. Project management skills can be used in numerous applications such as budgeting, benchmarking, project planning, task management, quality assurance, and more.
- Social Media & Digital Marketing: It’s impossible to find an industry operating without a social media platform. Now is the time to sharpen or add new skills to your repertoire, especially if you’re in marketing, public relations, or web development. Learn how to use your company’s blogging platform or content management system (CMS), take a search engine optimization (SEO), or web analytics course. You can open a whole new world by diving deeper into your company’s technology platforms.
- AI (Artificial Intelligence): AI’s effect can be seen in homes, businesses, and even public spaces and it doesn’t happen without highly skilled people in design and development. Examples of areas impacted include both youth and elderly care, manufacturing, the transportation industry, and the medical field. For computer scientists and engineers, advancing into AI can be an exciting choice.
In summary, it’s essential to keep up with the fast pace of modern technology. As we move into the fourth industrial revolution, new job skills are needed to keep up with job demands. Take the initiative and get up to speed on the latest and upcoming technological advances and get the training you will need to boost your career.
About Lingo Staffing
Lingo is a full-service staffing firm dedicated to providing top quality services to its clients and its candidate pool. With extensive knowledge and experience in light industrial, administrative, and professional employment, Lingo encompasses the capabilities and resources necessary to help you get ahead.
Meet our experts at an office near you: Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, North Carolina, and Georgia.
Lingo, the language of On Demand solutions. Contact us at an office convenient to you.