Based on an analysis of the 2005-2015 American Community Survey (US Census Bureau) data conducted by GlobalWorkplaceAnalytics.com, statistics regarding telecommuting are:
- 50% of the workforce work at least part-time from home
- 85% of the workforce desires to work from home at least part-time
- 50-60% of the time, the workforce is absent from their desks and are presumed already mobile.
- 7 million employees now work from home at least half the time (nearly 3% of the workforce).
These statistics are reinforced by a Gallup survey of 15,000 adults, released February 2017 by the New York Times:
- 43% of workers spend some time working remotely.
- This is a 4% increase since 2012 and represents a shift in the trend
- Most who work remotely are employed in the fields of community and social services, engineering, architecture, education, training, administration, art, and
More than ever, employees are pushing the boundaries of structure and tradition in favor of increased opportunities with flexible scheduling. They want the benefits that accompany working from home vs. at the office and are willing to make the tradeoffs.
7 Benefits include:
- Technology has evolved to facilitate remote access.
- Employees who work remotely do so more frequently and for more extended periods of time.
- It reduces overhead expenses for employers
- It makes the most of the carbon footprint.
- Higher employee morale (less likely to quit, greater control over work/life balance)
- Employees are more aware of quality and timeliness of their work.
- Appreciate the savings on gasoline and wear and tear on vehicles.
These are only seven benefits, and more subtle and tangible ones exist. By all indications, the telecommuting trend shows no signs of slowing.
About Lingo Staffing
Lingo is a full-service staffing firm dedicated to providing top quality services to its clients and its candidate pool. With extensive knowledge and experience in light industrial, administrative, and professional employment, Lingo encompasses the capabilities and resources necessary to help you get ahead.
Our experience and commitment to client satisfaction make us the perfect choice to manage all of your staffing needs. Our staff guarantees exceptional customer service with an expedient response time.
Our experts are located at an office near you: Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Tennessee, and Georgia.
Lingo, the language of On Demand solutions. Contact us at an office convenient to you.